Power of the Purse 2015
You're simply the best!
Thank you for joining us for Power of the Purse! Together we raised more than $280,000 for the Family Financial Centers.
Thank you to our featured speakers, Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn
As world-renowned human rights activists, husband and wife team Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn give a voice to the voiceless. In their #1 New York Times bestseller Half the Sky, Kristof and WuDunn focused on the struggles faced by women and girls around the globe, showcasing individuals and organizations working to address the crisis. Read more.
Thank you to our 2015 event supporters!
Title Event Sponsor
Title Speaker Sponsor
Stanley Black & Decker,
Chubb Group of
Hoffman Auto Group
Join in the fun of Power of the Purse 2016!
- Join the discussion on Facebook or Linked In to get all the latest news about Power of the Purse
- Participate in an upcoming Women's Leadership Council event that connects women, inspires change and demonstrates the powerful impact women can make when they pool their individual talent and resources
- Become a member of the Women's Leadership Council. Be part of a movement - help raise our community to new heights and make real change in the lives of women and families today and in the future
Thank you to our Power of the Purse Steering Committee
- Elizabeth Gagne, Travelers, Co-chair
- Sue Ellen Kerr, The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., Co-chair
- Marina Luri Clark, Marina Luri Events, Auction Chair
- Jocelyn DeMaio, The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., Women's Leadership Council Membership Chair
- Melanie Cecarelli, Smith Designs, LLC, Table Captain Chair
- Roxanna Booth Miller, Hartford Youth Scholars Foundation Inc., Table Captain Vice Chair
- Tracy Charbonneau, The Hartford Financial Services Group, Corporate Table Captain Champion
- Patricia Cushman, United Technologies Research Center, Corporate Table Captain Champion
- Julia Dickson, Cigna, Corporate Table Captain Champion
- Briana Hollenbeck, Aetna Inc., Corporate Table Captain Champion
- Julie Lopes, TD Bank, Corporate Table Captain Champion
Looking to purchase an Easter Seals Gives Back Women's Leadership Council bracelet?
These designer cuff bracelets have been produced as part of Easter Seals’ School-to-Life Program. Through this initiative, students and young adults with developmental disabilities make these fashionable designer cuffs in a variety of styles and colors – helping Easter Seals' clients to learn new skills and, at the same time, give back to others in need.
This is a great gift for you or someone you know, and is a meaningful way to show your support for improving the lives of local women and families. The bracelets are $35. For every cuff sold, $10 will benefit United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut's Women's Leadership Council-supported programs and initiatives.
Please visit www.esgivesback.com to order yours today.