Emerging Leaders Steering Committee
The Emerging Leaders Society Steering Committee is a group of young professionals from area businesses and United Way partner agencies who meet quarterly and coordinate opportunities to Do Something BIG for our community.
Under the direction and leadership of the Chair and United Way staff, the Emerging Leaders Society Steering Committee plans and implements strategies to:
- Increase membership in the Emerging Leaders Society;
- Develop and execute educational, community service, networking and professional development
- opportunities for members;
- Increase the visibility of the Emerging Leaders Society; and
- Motivate peers to GIVE.ADVOCATE.VOLUNTEER. with United Way.
" I joined ELS to align myself with a group of like-minded young leaders that are committed to improving the local community in any way that they can. "- Anthony Shannon, Shipman & Goodwin, LLP; Emerging Leaders Society Steering Committee member
Role: Overall planning, strategic development and oversight;
Role: Increase membership and track feedback from members in order to ensure a meaningful membership experience
Role: Identify and coordinate regular and project -based volunteer opportunities that support United Way’s community goals
Networking and Special Events/Annual Fundraiser
Role: Find new opportunities related to networking and fundraising; and
Communications and Marketing
Role: Identify channels that align with United Way's and the Emerging Leaders Society's
messaging, including issues of advocacy.
Meet the ELS Steering Committee Members!
Ashley Netz – Cigna, Chair
Grace Kane – Travelers, Vice Chair
- Kelsey Barringham – University of Connecticut
- Maia Brooks - Pratt & Whitney
- Michael M. Byrne Jr., UBS Realty Investors LLC
- Jenny Comerford – The Hartford Financial Services Groups
- Jessica Feldman – Aetna Inc.
- Nicole Kinney – Travelers
- Thulani LeGrier – Cigna
- Kel Ndu – The Hartford Financial Services Groups
- Bobby Nims – Cigna
- Katherine Ramirez – Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Kamarlia Reid – Lincoln Financial
- Paige Rhymer – The Hartford Financial Services Groups
- Anthony Shannon – Shipman & Goodwin
- Jack Soos – Pratt & Whitney
- Katie Zahara – Cigna
Read one ELS member's story at www.unitedwayinc.org/kel